Sunday, June 24, 2012

Resuscitate!!!!

Howdy strangers!  I know, I know.....its been many a fortnight since I have blogged.  There have been several culprits contributing to this sad fact.  1) I felt very little was happening with us that was "blog worthy".  I mean who wants to know about the mundane happenings of clan Buchanan.....apparently some people think otherwise. 2) I just plain ol' got lazy.  I've had the time, but sitting down to write is sometimes a tedious task to accomplish.  I enjoy writing, but its sometimes painfully tedious to find material or inspiration to write.  But then I realized, I shouldn't always be writing for entertainment purposes to please my "audience".  This is a personal record of our family's journey.....and I have all the inspiration and material I need if I just look around.  3) Although I have had time in the past to write, I no longer have the luxury of complete "free time" anymore.  A few weeks ago, I started a new journey.  Ten years post baccalaureate, I have taken on the challenge to become a doctoral prepared pediatric nurse practitioner (yeah, that's a mouthful!)  That's another story, for another day, but it boils down to the fact that what I have known as free time will now be school time.

So, why the sudden push to blog again???  I get the occasional email from people, some affected by JS, others just random passer byers....but they all tell me what an inspirational story I am telling and how Haley gives them hope.  With every email, I get the spark to write again, but it never ignites.  Some regular readers tell me that they miss reading about whats happening in our lives and with Haley.  Some tell me I need this creative outlet to cope with the stress of having a special needs child and just plain ol' everyday life.  But the biggest reason is that I want to be able to look back and remember the little things.  Of course you always look back with a vague remembrance of random events, but I want to have a vivid memory of how those things happened and how I felt in that moment.  I gave up on keeping a baby book pretty early in Haley's life.  It was depressing to not fill in the blanks for "first time rolling over", "first word", "first steps", etc.  That, and the fact that in this tech age, its easier to type than hand write.

With all of that said, I am going to try to get back into the swing of blogging....if only short blurbs of "a day in the life of" Haley.  I'm also going to try to go back in time and document the events that I have, unfortunately, left undocumented.  I'm (re) committing myself in doing this for Haley and our family, for my regular readers, and for those who stumble across this blog when searching for information on JS.  What I ask of you, my readers, is to keep me accountable. Email me, call me, tweet me, facebook me....do whatever you need/can do to spur me on.  Like someone recently told me "how time consuming can blogging really be, just sit down and do it!"


 

No comments: