Monday, July 27, 2009

New Fundrasing Opportunities for JSF

I have a couple new things to raise money for the Joubert Syndrome Foundation. First, I want to let you know about a fabulous friend I made when I first got pregnant with Haley. We met on an online mommy group (as corny as that sounds) and we have remained friends from the very beginning. Anyway, she is starting a children's clothing and accessories line, Little Chicken Designs. She donated that super cute little dress I gave to the silent auction at the conference.

Photobucket

Everything is custom made and 10% of all sales go straight to the JSF. She will be opening an Etsy store also when she gets a little more established, but you can put in orders via Facebook until then..... so stay tuned for that one.

And while you are on Facebook, if I haven't done so already, I now invite you to join the cause for the JSF. This is different than the JSF Facebook page. This one is to help recruit members to the cause and raise money. Once you are a member of the cause, pass it on to as many people as you can, even if we are just raising awareness and not getting donations.....that is important too!!!

And finally, every year the JSF as a whole does a "traditional" fundraiser....you know like school aged kids do. This year we are selling Sally Foster. For those of you who haven't seen this stuff before its really nice wrapping paper and gift-y type things. I have a catalog with me for those of you who are local and want to order that way. But you can also order online just make sure to put in the code 0507095 for the "school group account number" I think they said up to 50% of those sells go back to the JSF. I know for sure those that order the traditional way via catalog will not get their orders back until mid November. The fundraiser goes from now until October 1st and all orders are placed and once and delivered back to me to distribute. I'm not sure about ordering online, if your order is processed immediately or with the other, I will check on that one.

Anyway, as you can see, I have really gotten into fundraising for the JSF. We are a relatively tiny group compared to other "causes" out there. We just don't bring in the same amount of money as these other diseases and disorders do because its so rare and unknown. But the research going on is equally as important as the research going on for the other causes, so I guess we just have to fight harder to raise the funds. Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but this has become my mission. I will be putting the "how you can help" button back up on the page so that this information is easier to find in the future. Thank you all for your support!!!!!

No comments: