Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Haley's New Wheels

Haley is showing more and more interest in walking....too bad she just doesn't have the balance to support it. I had a feeling she would eventually need a walker. The thoughts of it used to upset me, but now I'm excited about getting one. If it makes her more mobile and happier....I'm happy. Our PT is letting us borrow theirs for a few weeks to see if she is ready. She is doing well with holding onto it and balancing inside of it. She will takes some steps but still needs us to kind of pull it forward for her. She hasn't quite grasped the concept of stepping and pulling it forward to equal forward motion. She will get it, and hopefully we will get her her own walker soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She picked up a new baby sign somewhere today. I'm not sure where she learned it, school probably. But she was doing the sign for "eat" and at first I didn't realize she was really trying to communicate something to me. But then she started fussing and continued doing the sign and "ding-ding-ding" it occurred to me that she was telling me she was still hungry. Gave her a graham cracker and all was good. So far she knows milk, more, please, bye, and Os.

One more new thing she is doing is throwing and rolling a ball. As rudimentary is that sounds it is something the OT actually works with her on and she has just never done it. So here is a picture of her throwing and rolling a ball.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Christina said...

Awww, she's so adorable!! I think we're going to have to get one of those for Abby. She is moving her feet more, but her legs just aren't strong enough to hold her, and her balance is not on. Let me know how it goes.