Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Haircut….2 1/2 Years Later

Yes, you read that right…..we are just now getting around to getting Haley’s very FIRST haircut.  She was blessed with a full head of hair from birth, which we have had to put in bows to tame pretty much from the very beginning.  Everyone has been pressuring us to cut her hair forever now, and I just couldn’t do it.  Cutting her hair somehow signifies she is no longer a baby.  But at 2 1/2 it was getting a little out of control and ridiculous. 

I was also so worried that it would be a sensory overloaded, drama and tear filled event for her.  I was simply putting off making a huge scene at my hairdressers.  As usual though, I don’t give her enough credit…..when will I learn!!!!  She sat on the booster seat all by her self, like a BIG girl, and didn’t fuss one single bit the entire time.  She actually acted as if nothing was going on.  I guess she is so used to people playing with her hair that she didn’t even think twice about it.  I’m really proud of her!

I didn’t want to do anything drastic, just a trim.  She has such beautiful long hair that I couldn’t bear to cut it all off.  You can’t even tell by the pictures that it has even been cut.  But looking at her tonight after her bath, she somehow looks older, bigger, more grown up.  What a difference a half inch of hair being cut off makes.

Before the big “chop” with her scraggly ends 

IMG_4336 

Just playing with her toys like nothing is going on

IMG_4341

IMG_4345

Almost done!

IMG_4353

I’m so pretty (notice my clip-on earrings!)

IMG_4356

Gawking at myself in the mirror

IMG_4357

No comments: