Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bed Rest

Well, I woke up Friday morning with some MAJOR swelling and I felt really bad. I had Will check my blood pressure and it was really high, so I went to the OB. I have been put on bedrest indefinately. When I'm up my blood pressure is anywhere from 145/100 to 165/100...not good. But when I'm laying down and resting its around 125/80...therefore, I am now chained to the couch or bed....fun stuff. Everything is fine with Haley, she doesn't seem to be affected by it, the danger in high blood pressure is mainly lies with me and increased risk of developing preeclampsia or eclampsia. I'm feeling a little better today, just bored to death!!! I'm actually surprised I haven't had BP problems until now, given my history with high blood pressure before pregnancy, so I've done really well until now. It's not too uncommon for this to happen in the last few weeks of pregnancy. I go back to the OB on Monday, and I imagine if I'm still having problems with my BP then they may talk about induction....I'll keep you posted!!!

No comments: